Saturday 11 June 2016

Sexy in Time ~ @MySexySaturday #MySexySaturday #MySexyAuthors #Saturday7 #MSS145


A warm welcome to My Sexy Saturday, this week we're all about love that will last forever. My novel Breathe You In fits perfectly with this theme and was a USA Today Recommended Read of 2013.


Back Cover Information

Soul-aching desire was only the first layer of emotion around a secret I had to keep for all of time. 

If the road to heaven starts in hell, then I was ready to start climbing my way out and Ruben Strong was the man to accompany me. With his devastating good looks, seductively sexy charm and lust for adrenaline, he was sure to make it a sensual and erotic experience as well as one to re-awake the passionate, throw-caution-to-the-wind woman I’d once been. 

I’d given Ruben something, though, without him realizing, and that gift had come from the man I’d loved before. But I couldn’t tell Ruben. I had to keep that a tight secret even on the nights our naked bodies wound together, sought out pleasure and hit the dizzy heights of ecstasy—because Ruben had my husband’s heart, literally, and that heart was still in love with me, so it seemed, and now I was in love with Ruben. 

Emotions tangled with bliss and fears were locked away as I surrendered to the touch of Ruben’s hands, the taste of his skin and the sounds of his pleasure. I couldn’t deny that Ruben had brought me back to life the same way I had him, and there was no way I was giving up that feeling, not for anyone.


“I just needed to know where the heart was that had loved me so much.”
Ruben touched his chest and rubbed his palm up to his throat.
“And then," I went on, "that damn Blitz room and the crazy peacock threw us together, and it was you who asked me to the café. It was you who asked me out, remember? I didn’t pursue you at all. You gave me your number.”
“Of course I remember. I was there.”
I stepped around the gravestone, gathered my last tiny vestige of strength and stood tall. “I’ll admit I was fascinated at the thought of Matt’s heart inside you, a tiny bit of him that was still living. It’s a strange concept, but that didn’t make you him, Ruben. You’re you, a speed junkie, Formula One nut, and all round funny but sensitive bloke.” I paused. “I never once was with you and pretended I was with Matt. Not once.”
“You didn’t?”
“No, no of course not. I promise you that.” I shook my head. “Matt’s dead.” I pointed at the ground. I’d never get used to saying those words, but I couldn’t change the truth.
Ruben took a step closer, his expression a mixture of pain and confusion. He held out one hand. A wave of fear coursed through me. I couldn’t take rejection again. If I let Ruben get close, he might push me away. Might say what a loopy cow I was and order me never to go near him again. Hell, he could get me in a whole pile of trouble for hunting him down. There were rules and laws and ethical issues that should have stopped me.
I turned, faced the twilight sky.
“Katie—”
“Ruben, no. I’ve been running low on emotional strength for years, but right now I’m on empty. Please, if you have to leave, just leave.”
“I don’t want to leave. I want to understand this.”
“I’ve explained all that I can. It’s quite simple really. We met, fell in love and you happen to have had an organ transplant from someone I also loved.”
“But don’t you see that stirs up so many questions?” He rested his hands on my shoulders, brushed my neck with his thumbs.
I resisted the urge to fall back against him. He was way too tempting. Everything about him enticed me. But what if he stepped away? How would I get up again?
I stared into the distance, consciously pulling and pushing my breaths in and out of my lungs. “Questions?” I asked eventually.
“Yes,” he said softly, “if this heart that’s in me loved you before, then is that why I love you so much now that I can’t even think straight when I’m not with you?”


Grab your copy of Breathe You In from Amazon, Amazon UK, ARe and all other good ebook retailers and travel on Katie and Ruben's incredible story with them - don't forget to check out the many 5* reviews too!





No comments:

Post a Comment